Title: Program Assistant, Connection of Friends
Qualifications: Candidates for Program Assistant will have or will be working towards a bachelor’s degree with practical work experience in the area of special education or social service with an understanding of behavior management and strategies. Candidate must be physically capable of handling all programming activities. Above all, the candidate must demonstrate the ability to act with maturity, make decisions, problem solve and respond well to direction.
Definition: The Program Assistant of Connection of Friends reports directly to the Program Director or Program Leader, as appropriate, of Connection of Friends. The person in this position supports the Program Director and Program Leader in the day-to-day operations, as outlined in the key functions below.
Scheduling Expectations: A Program Assistant will be scheduled to work at least one Saturday a month. The Program Assistant may be offered weekday shifts and retains the right to decline. Any schedule changes must be given with as much notice as possible to the Executive Director and approved by the Executive Director. In the event of an emergency or illness the Program Assistant will notify the Executive Director and the Executive Director will arrange for coverage.
- Arrive on time to the scheduled shift, which begins 15 minutes prior to the start of program
- Sign in and out on your timesheet
- Provide on-site exclusive support for participants requiring 2:1 or 1:1 staffing ratio on scheduled days as directed by Program Director or Program Leader
- Offer observations and feedback on participant behaviors as well as provide suggested interventions
- Actively problem solve to address participant issues including sensory and behavior issues
- Provide observations and feedback to the Program Director or Program Leader to aid in communication between Connection of Friends and parents/guardians
- Assist in the running of the programming for the Saturday Night Socials and/or weekdays
- Support and implement positive behavior expectations for both participants and volunteer staff
- Foster a positive relationship with parent/guardians and volunteers
- Perform other functions, as requested from time to time, by the Program Director or Program Leader
This position is an hourly positions. Interested candidates should email their resumes to Sarah Donnelly, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.